PHILIPPINE SEVEN CORPORATION (“PSC”) respects your privacy and recognizes the need for appropriate measures to protect and manage your Personal Information. PSC shall implement the appropriate level of data privacy protection in compliance with the standards prescribed under the Data Privacy Law.
For this purpose, the following words shall have the meaning respectively ascribed to them:
- “Data Privacy Law” refers to Republic Act No. 10173, otherwise known as the “Data Privacy Act of 2012”, its Implementing Rules and Regulations, and any related issuance by the National Privacy Commission;
- “Personal Information” refers to any information, whether recorded in material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual;
- “Personal Information Controller” refers to the party who controls the processing of Personal Information or instructs another to process Personal Information on its behalf. There is control if the party decides on what information is collected, or the purpose or extent of its processing; and
- “Processing” refers to any operation or any set of operations performed upon Personal Information including, but not limited to, the collection, recording, organization, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, consultation, use, consolidation, blocking, erasure or destruction of Personal Information. Processing may be performed through automated means, or manual processing, if the Personal Information are contained or are intended to be contained in a filing system.
Identity of the Personal Information Controller
PSC is a domestic corporation that operates 7-Eleven stores in the Philippines, the largest convenience store network in the country. It was acquired from Southland Corporation (now Seven Eleven Inc.) of Dallas, Texas the license to operate 7-Eleven stores in the Philippines in December 1982.
Personal Information to be Collected
The following Personal Information may be collected from you or from your authorized representative:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Mobile Number
- Place of Birth
- Present Home Address
- Permanent Home Address
- ID Type & ID Number
- Government ID
- Source of Income
- CLiQQ username, account number and log-in details
- Nature and details of inquiries, concerns or complaints coursed through, email@example.com or through our customer care hotlines
- Voice recordings (conversations with customer service representatives)
- CCTV footages, in case you visit our stores
- Biller Account Information
You or your authorized representative shall be responsible in ensuring that the Personal Information he provides is accurate and up-to-date. You may update your Personal Information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. PSC shall not be held liable for any loss, damage, injury or claim arising from failure to keep personal data file updated.
Method of Collection
Personal Information is collected through the following instances:
- Providing us personally your Personal Information when you avail of our products and services;
- Supplying us your Personal Information through your duly authorized representative;
- Supplying us your personal data through an authorized third party; and
- Supplying us data when you contact us (through Email or Phone), visiting our stores, or viewing our online website, advertisements.
- Supplying us your information through social media communications platforms
Use and Disclosure
Your Personal Information shall be used and disclosed as follows:
- Availment of Goods/Services. Personal Information may be used to deliver the services and products offered and/or made available by PSC. To this end, it may be shared with PSC’s affiliates, subsidiaries and service providers who are involved provision of said goods and services;
- Payment. We may use your Personal Information to perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities;
- Supplier or Business Partner. In connection with treatment, payment and operation activities, we are acquiring the services of third parties or business partner to whom we may share and disclose your personal data;
- Business Operation. We may use your Personal Information to provide the services you avail, to inform you about our products and services and to manage our branches and other services. We may also use your Personal Information for data analysis, audits, crime/fraud monitoring, administering raffles and promotions and campaigns, security, developing new products and/or services, testing, enhancing, improving or modifying our services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding our business;
- Personal Representative. We may disclose your Personal Information to your duly authorized personal representative. The parent or legal guardian of a minor is considered as a personal representative;
- Public Health and Safety. We may disclose your Personal Information to public health officials to carry out public health advisories, activities, and investigations or to our government agencies for health oversight activities and investigations such as preventing or controlling infections and diseases; and
- Legal Actions or Law Enforcement. We may disclose your personal data when required by the law and/or government authorities, such as during legal proceedings such as receipt of subpoena from the court of law or to comply KYC (Know Your Customer) regulations required the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas and the Anti-Money Laundering Council.
Storage, Location and Retention
Your Personal Information is kept in a secure facility. Your Personal Information shall be retained for the period of your membership with CLiQQ and for an additional period of five (5) years thereafter, or for a period of time as may otherwise be required or permitted under the Data Privacy Law. For transactions made through CLiQQ kiosks by non-members, your Personal Information shall be retained for a period of five (5) years thereafter, or for a period of time as may otherwise be required or permitted under the Data Privacy Law.
In order to process your transactions with CLiQQ, we may need to share your Personal Information with our employees, parent company, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, financial advisors, affiliated third parties or independent/non-affiliated third parties, suppliers, partner merchants, and services providers, including telecommunications companies, whether local or foreign (collectively referred to as “Representatives”).
You understand and agree that by registering with and using CLiQQ services, you confirm that:
- You agree and understand that in the course of your membership or use of CLiQQ, PSC shall engage the services of, and/or interact with, other third parties, such as, but not limited to its parent company, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, financial advisors, affiliated third parties or independent/non-affiliated third parties, suppliers, partner merchants and services providers, including the telecommunication companies, whether local or foreign
- You freely, knowingly and voluntarily give your consent to:
- Process your Personal Information or any other information as may be deemed necessary and relative to their membership in or use of CLiQQ, which shall include, among others, the management of their CLiQQ account, analytics, direct marketing, services, business development, fraud detection & investigation, compliance with the KYC requirements, announcements, data analysis, and data analysis based on user transactions history (“Purpose”). Except as otherwise stated hereon, any information obtained relative to the authority herein given shall be strictly confidential. The extent of the collection and processing shall be necessary and incidental to the performance of the Purpose;
- Disclose such Personal Data to PSC, its Representatives, agents, and brokers, including suppliers, partner merchants and service providers for any legitimate purpose as PSC may deem appropriate, including but not limited to outsourced processing of PSC transactions, profiling or historical statistical analysis, providing advice or information which PSC and its Representatives believe may be of interest to you or PSC;
- You warrant that you understand their rights and obligations pursuant to the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and its implementing rules and regulations.
- You hereby agree to indemnify and hold PSC and its Representatives free and harmless from and against any and all suits or claims, actions, or proceedings, damages, costs and expenses, including attorney’s fees, which may be filed, charged or adjudged against PSC or any of its directors, stockholders, officers, employees, agents or Representatives in connection with or arising from the use, processing and disclosure by PSC or its Representatives of the aforementioned information pursuant to PSC’s reliance on your representation and warranty that PSC and its Representatives have authority to examine, use, process, store, share, or disclose, as the case may be, said information for the above-mentioned purposes.
Organizational, physical and technical security measures are maintained, enforced and implemented at all times to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and security of your Personal Information. PSC implements safeguards such as the limiting the access and use of Personal Information to the extent necessary to deliver the services offered and/or made available by PSC, ensuring appropriate physical, organizational, and technical security controls are in place, restricting access to Personal Information to authorized personnel on a need-to-know basis, and such other security measures that may further strengthen the protection and security of your Personal Information.
Data Privacy Rights
In accordance with the Data Privacy Law, we shall respect and uphold your rights in relation to your Personal Information, to wit:
- Right to be informed;
- Right to object;
- Right to access;
- Right to correct
- Right to rectification, erasure and blocking;
- Right to data portability;
- Right to file a complaint; and
- Right to damages.
Changes to the Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to make necessary changes to this Notice from time to time. We will notify you of any substantial changes to this Notice by posting an announcement on our website.
If you have questions or concerns regarding CLiQQ transactions, you can contact us through email@example.com. You may also request for a copy of your Personal Information in PSC’s possession, or have it corrected if you believe that it is inaccurate or incomplete through the same email address.
For other data privacy concerns, you may reach us through the contact details provided below. Please include your contact information and a detailed description of your request or any other data privacy concern.
Data Privacy Officer
Telephone Number: (02) 8705-5258; 8705-5221